Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pomegranate Health Benefits - Do You Know All The Facts About The Pomegranate Fruit?

Pomegranate health benefits seem to be all the rage these days getting worldwide media attention. These once unknown and untasted fruits seem to have taken the medical research world by storm. The medical industry after many tests and clinical research have proclaimed the fruit as a super fruit but why. Can one fruit ever be called a super fruit and why would it deserve such a title. With some research through medical journals and online here's what I have found:
1.The main aspect of what this fruit can offer is its high antioxidant levels. We all know that antioxidants are needed in great quantities to help the body to fight the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are found in the body and attack a bodies healthy cells. So antioxidants are very important. The pomegranate has shown to have three times the amount of antioxidants than blueberries and red wine.
2.The pomegranate can help reduce the chances of getting certain kinds of cancers. It has been named to help against prostate cancer and breast cancer. Studies are still on going at the minute but it has been reported that it might also help to reduce the chances of getting lung cancer.
3.The fruit has shown to help reduce high blood pressure and also to help reduce the bad cholesterol in the body. If this is the case then it will dramatically reduce your chances of getting heart disease.
4.The fruit and the antioxidants within the fruit are great to help your blood move more freely around the body which reduces the chances of plague sticking to the arteries.
5.The fruit also contains vitamins A, C and E along with fiber, potassium and folic acid.
The pomegranate health benefits that is being named in all the articles should not be taking lightly. I know that the tests are still on going and are not fully finished but you have to agree that the health benefits are impressive. I have started drinking pomegranate juice myself which I got my local supermarket to order in. I have been told since by others that you can get pomegranate juice, smoothies, jams, jellies and herbal green teas. I didn't realize this at the time or I could have gotten the store to order in more items. I do feel slightly healthier now that I have started to drink the juice every morning but I'll give it a few months first before I fully decide.
If your looking for more information on pomegranate health benefits then why not take a look at http://www.pomegranatehealthbenefitsblog.com


No comments:

Post a Comment